POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shaggy the Hedgehog (~2*15K) : Re: Shaggy the Hedgehog (~2*15K) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:13:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shaggy the Hedgehog (~2*15K)
From: Ken
Date: 17 Feb 1999 05:17:03
Message: <36CA96C2.A8BB51DB@pacbell.net>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> An early test of a fur generator I'm working on (inspired by Ken's toupee
> image :) It's still a mess, but I'm quite happy with the results (i.e. I'm
> amazed that I finally got the thing to parse at all). It relies on the
> Superpatch's trace() function and currently works best with roughly
> spherical shapes (hence Shaggy looks like a furry loaf of bread)
> BTW, each hair is a "worm" shape from an earlier experiment. Here they
> consist of 3 segments with some randomness in shape/height/orientation.
> The second image shows Shaggy in a major headwind. Wind effects are sth.
> that I'm stil trying to improve.
> Better examples could probably be presented. But until then, any suggestions
> / comments?
>
> Margus

Next time I throw down the gauntlet, challenging you to a duel, I'm going to
have to first provide a higher threshold of artistry for you people to exceed.
Each time I finaly figure out how to do something I have as yet seen done,
or done well, a couple of days later work shows up here making my contributions
look pitiful. Sigh !

In regard to your Pets:

These are sure to give those cabbage patch dolls and beenie babies thingy's
a run for their money. Be sure to have these marketed before Christmas this
year. The home television shopping network would also find loving homes for
these cute, affectionate, and lovable little creatures (for low modest price).

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net